Some advice I want to share about what every woman needs.
We women are so awesome and amazing! We take care of our families, our homes, our pets, our partners, our employees/boss, our plants, our neighbors, the stranger in the store, the thing that fell off the shelf in the supermarket, and on and on…and on. But when it comes to taking care of ourselves? Well….that’s another story, isn’t it?
So I want to remind you that in order to be everything to everyone else, you first need to take care of yourself. I wrote this list for YOU – a list of What Every Woman Needs.
- A complete, legal, and up-to-date Will. I know, I know…this is not a fun way to start a discussion. But having a current and legal Will that covers all your assets and wishes should be a top priority at every stage of your life. (A funeral plan is also a fantastic thing to have in place.) Having our wishes known to all is the ultimate way to care for those we love.
- A skilled and experienced hair stylist. As we learned in my Women’s Empowerment Social from Carissa Evans, if your stylist isn’t taking the time to flip your hair this way and that, picking it up and letting it drop, and then flipping it around again? Then your stylist isn’t actually looking at the best cut for both your hair and your face.
- A savings account! Even if you can only sock away $5.00 a week, you need to do it and not touch it until an emergency or vacation with the girls comes up. Don’t hesitate – start today!
- Friends and partners who encourage, support, and push you to be/do better. Take a look around at the people you spend most of your time with. These people are a direct reflection of YOU. Are they lifting you up or pushing you down?
- Living everyday with the knowledge that exercise isn’t a punishment for what you ate. Exercise is a blessing – a restorative, invigorating, and healing, form of self care that gives benefits long after you’re done. Exercise in the way that best suits you! Don’t force yourself into doing something you don’t like.
- Some call it a “crave list” some call it a “goal list” and others call it a “bucket list.” No matter what you call it, make sure it’s done and updated frequently. Keep those dreams alive at every stage of your life!
- A 5 year plan. Where will you be and what will you be doing on this day 5 years from now? If you’re not sure or you think you won’t be in a good place, then start making a plan now. A plan to bring the changes you want! Don’t feel over-whelmed. Simply keep in mind that each little tip toe, or giant leap, is one step closer than you were before! You can get there!
- Be in every picture. Don’t hide in fear that you won’t look good or your hair is messy or anything of the sort. Embrace the present for what it is: wonderful with YOU in it.
- Accept your responsibility in everything. Rather than thinking, “I can’t believe she/he did that to me!” you should be thinking, “What was my role in that situation and is there a way I could’ve handled it differently?” Remember: we teach people how to treat us.
- Love yourself fearlessly! Don’t put yourself down lower on the list for other people. Your needs and wants are just as equally important as everyone else in your life. Invest in your love for YOU and you’ll see yourself blossom into the beautiful creation you have always been.
What would you add to this list of What Every Woman Needs? Reach out to me, I’d love to hear from you.